Get the kids in the kitchen and get the whole family cooking these tasty potato dumplings with you. Making gnocchi is a great way to incorporate the joys of cooking and the amazing savory tastes of a hearty meal.
Making dinner can be a fun activity when the whole family is involved. If your looking for a lighter option make your gnocchi with ricotta instead of potatoes. Here is a recipe that is easy to follow and will keep the whole gang satisfied!
- 1 Lb Potatoes (about 2 large), Cooked Through, Peeled & Cut Into 1-2" Chunks
- 3 Egg Yolks
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Flour, Plus more for dusting
- Start by measuring out your ingredients before the kiddos join you and be sure you have a large clean space to work.
- Start mashing potatoes with a fork or a ricer. The potatoes must be very mashed so let the kid's go to work!
- Once mashed, form a mound and create a well in the center add the spices and the egg yolks. Kneed in and add flour. Once the flour is added, fold the rest of the dough in.
- Roll out into a long skinny tube and cut in 1 inch sized piece.
- Roll the fork over each individual gnocchi and cook until al dente.