Thank You To All Cooks Who Entered Our Contest. We Received Forty-Four Delicious Recipes, Made Better With Cranberries. Winners Will Be Announced,
By Wednesday November 25, 2009
(all winners will be called directly)
Show your stuff with Massachusetts’ official fruit, and you could win great prizes! Cooks of all ages, as well as professional and student chefs, are invited to
“Make It Better With Cranberries”
Just bring your creation, along with the recipe, on Saturday, November 21, 2009, to:
- Trucchi’s Supermarket, 534 County St. (Route 140 near Route 24), Taunton, or, the
- Tihonet Village Market, 146 Tihonet Road, Wareham, for judging.
First, second, and third place winners will be selected in each of three categories: Professional, home chef, student and youth.
- First place winners in each category receive a $200 “shopping spree” at Trucchi’s Supermarkets, with locations in Abington, New Bedford, Taunton, and West Bridgewater.
- Second place winners receive a gift certificate to the Tihonet Village Market, an old-fashioned country store specializing in local foods, gifts, and more.
- Third place winners receive a one-year subscription to edible South Shore, quarterly magazine that celebrates the abundance of local foods in Southeastern Massachusetts
Co-sponsored by the A.D. Makepeace Company and Cape Cod Cranberry Growers’ Association, the contest will also generate a booklet of recipe entries. Contestant forms must accompany all entries. Forms are available at all Trucchi’s Supermarket locations or click here
Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged on display, appearance, flavor, texture, originality, ease of preparing and clarity of recipe.
- All recipes must include at least one cranberry product. Specify ( Fresh, Processed, or Sauce).
- One entry per person, per category.
- Contestants must allow their recipe, name, town they reside in and age (children only) to be published if their recipe is awarded a prize.
- Contestants are required to bring their recipe samples to be judged on Saturday, November 21, 2009 at the following locations:
- Trucchi’s Supermarket, 534 County St. Taunton 7:00AM-6:00PM
- Tihonet Village Market, 146 Tihonet Road, Wareham 6:30AM-7:00PM
- Entries must be delivered on disposable plates, covered with clear plastic.
- A contestant entry form, available here must be included with each entry. The entry form should be enclosed in a sealed envelope, along with the recipe.
- Recipes should be specific, indicating ingredients in order of use, with complete directions, size of pan, oven temperature, baking time and number of servings. No secret ingredients. Recipes must be on 8 1/2″X 11″ paper.
- Recipes will be refrigerated prior to judging. If your dish must be reheated, include instructions for doing so.
- Recipes must be typed or block printed ( no longhand).
- The Better with Cranberries Committee will notify applicants if their recipes have been awarded prizes.